1. What is a Phishing Attack?
Phishing is a type of social engineering attack; a fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as username, password, 2FA code, etc by disguising as DigiFT in electronic communication. Users are often deceived by trusted parties such as:
- Email spoofing
- Fake DigiFT site
- Instant message with a malicious link
- Social websites with manipulated DigiFT link
- Chat with impersonated DigiFT support
- Fake DigiFT hotline or support in the search engine, etc
- Social Media Fake Account
- Malware downloaded from the internet
- Free WIFI Phishing
2. Protect Yourself from a Phishing Attack
The most important and weakest aspect of a security system is people. Be constantly alert when opening messages received via email or SMS:
- A spoofed message often contains subtle mistakes such as spelling mistakes, strange syntax, unsmooth words, misspelled domain names etc.
- In addition, attackers will usually try to push users into action by creating a sense of urgency. For example, an email could threaten account expiration and shall be verified within a timeline.
- A message instructed users to move assets to a secure wallet to avoid loss as soon as possible.
Phishing attack protection requires steps to be taken by both users and DigiFT.
- Always upgrade Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to the latest version. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox will warn users of phishing or unsafe high-risk website.
- The safest way to login to DigiFT is through the website https://www.digift.sg
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication(2FA) such as Google 2FA or SMS 2FA. Be cautious and don’t disclose Google 2FA 16 digital backup keys to anyone or on any website. If username and password are compromised, 2FA prevents the use of compromised credentials, since these alone are insufficient to gain entry to your DigiFT account.
- Keep your applications updated to avoid security bugs. Install anti-virus software and keep it up to date. Do not connect to an untrusted wireless network.
3. All About DigiFT
- DigiFT official website is https://www.digift.sg/. When receiving emails with web links, hover your mouse over the weblink and check the web URL before clicking on it.
- DigiFT will not call, email or SMS you, asking for your DigiFT account password. DO NOT give your password to anyone!
- DigiFT provides Customer Support via the Official Support Email (Support@digift.com.sg) or via the LiveChat icon found in the bottom right-hand side of the official website.
- Our Customer Support Hotline number can be found after logging in.
- DigiFT does not provide account assistance via social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Telegram).
4. Report Phishing
- Please report any DigiFT phishing sites you see to our official email: Support@digift.com.sg.
Follow us on :